Travel Watercolor Journal
A fun and easy project!
You can make this into any type of journal you would like. I really wanted to make mine into a watercolor journal, so I used watercolor paper and a fun watercolor decoupage paper for the cover.
- Download the template and follow the dimensions. Use a paper cutter and score board if you have them
- Use gel medium or your favorite decoupage medium
- Get the decoupage paper slightly wet before applying to reduce wrinkles
- Use plastic to smooth the decoupaged paper to reduce wrinkles and prevent ripping
- Fold the cover at the crease while the decoupage medium is still wet to reduce paper tearing
- Use an awl or similar pokey tool to reduce hole size and prevent tearing
- Try different types of paper signatures and different sizes of signatures (more or fewer pages per signature)
- Use sting, wire, or plain wrapped elastic if you need to substitute elastic with barbs
- Decoupage medium (I used a gel medium)
- Decoupage paper for the outer and inner cover
- Watercolor paper or other paper for the inside signatures
- An awl or other pokey tool