Large Paper Sunflower
Fall is around the corner! Kids are going back to school and Trick-or-Treat candy has popped up in the grocery store WAY too early! But for us makers, it is a great time to start creating for fall.
Directions (see video for detail)
- Select 8.5″ x 11″ paper that is easy to work with
- Color the paper or use pre-colored paper (brown and gold)
- Trim inner papers (brown) shorter for a smaller flower center [try 7.5″ x 11″]
- Use 3-5 sheets of each color, depending on how wide you want that color/section
- Fold papers length wise (11″ long) and fringe from the FOLDED end toward the OPEN end.
- Leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch uncut across the length
- Open all cut papers and iron flat
- Centers [brown]: Adhere long edges slightly off center (about an inch)
- Petals [gold]: Adhere long edges flush
- Roll and adhere centers one after the other
- Roll and adhere petals after centers
- Add a secure backing
Other tips & ideas
- Try different sizes and numbers of papers
- Try using different colors
- Try to ink, paint, or color papers in different ways
- Try fringe strips that are thinner or wider
- Try different types of papers
- Use your favorite quick-drying, strong adhesive
- Use your flowers on sticks, in a bowl, as table décor, on a wall, to add dimension to a piece of art, as a bunting, on a sign, in a window, or anyplace you can think of!
- Change the colors for different seasons