Fun with Foil & Resin
This project has a fun 3D effect, coated with a solid resin to hold it in shape. It is fairly easy and fun to do.
- Use a stamp with some detail- but not too much inner detail (large leaves, butterflies, simple flowers, etc.)
- Use aluminum foil
- Apply pressure to the stamp on the foil either with a hammer on a soft surface or through an embossing machine.
- Wrap foil loosely in the embossing machine to prevent tearing
- Be gentle with embossed foil
- Apply with a generous amount of adhesive to fill in the embossed texture
- Paint, seal, paint with DIY, wipe back. Use unique contrasting colors for base and accent coat.
- Let dry between each step, and be gentle on the embossed areas
- Add decoupage paper. The paper will become partly translucent in the resin
- Build a sturdy reservoir for the resin using tape
- Mix resin 50/50 and mix very well
- Spread evenly and let set over night on a flat surface
- Carefully remove tape reservoir and sand away any excess